Saturday, January 3, 2009

My new Discovery

So due to my quest for better health and weight loss, I deccided to add fish to my diet. I am lazy and I like easy meals and I got it! Ateya made a video about her favorite foods/snacks (check her youtube out)and she mentioned they sell tilapia by the box at Walmart, and they are individually packed. Well I figured, it sounds easy and yum so I bought some.

I found a lot of great and simple recipes for it and I am loving it.

Today I am eating garlic parmesan crusted tilapia

I don't really measure but I will give you the break down:

follow directions to thaw fish!

you will need: mayonnaise, olive oil, parmesan cheese, red pepper, salt/pepper, garlic or garlic powder, onion powder.

preheat oven to broil once fish is thawed

mix about a teaspoon of mayo, olive oil, parm

add in a dash of each of the seasons (make your own judgements) and stir

put tilapia in dish or on a foil covered baking sheet and place in the oven

allow to broil 2-3 minutes then turn over and repeat

take out of oven and pour mix on top

put bake in and let broil another 2 minutes or until golden brown

ENJOY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl...I'm cooking up this now!!!!

I need something besides fried chicken!!!:)

Jmilz86 said...

LOL I kno thats right, although fried chicken is so damn good, its so damn bad for us!